Tree Crown Reduction is one of the three ways of reducing the size of the tree. The other two being “Crown Thinning” and “Crown Lifting”. One of the biggest problems with tree work is an understanding of what each of the specialist terms means. It is important that before all work is undertaken that both client and supplier are in full agreement as to the final look.
As a family business, Arbormasters have been carrying out Tree Crown reduction in this area for over 60 years. That means we’ve been in business for longer than some of your trees have been alive! We can always give you a very fast quote and get the job done equally fast as well. Clients always comment on the fact that our teams are extremely tidy and we always leave the site looking immaculate.
What is Tree Crown Reduction?
Crown Reduction Definition: The reduction in height or spread of the tree crown (the foliage bearing portions) of a tree. Crown reduction can be used to reduce mechanical stress on individual branches or the whole tree, make the tree more suited to its surroundings or to reduce the effects of shade. The final result should maintain the framework of the tree crown.
Crown reduction may be used to achieve quite a few different results:
- It can be used to reduce stress on individual branches or the whole tree. In parks or gardens where there is a risk to the general public, this is very important. In fact, the insurance company may insist on it.
- It could just be aesthetics. Does the tree look good in its location or has it outgrown its own space?
- As the tree grows it may cause more shade to be thrown than is desireable.
- It should be borne in mind that not all species are suitable for this treatment. So professional advice should always be sought.
Why use Arbormasters for your Tree Work?
We are a family business and we have been operating in this area since 1954. My father would be proud of our heritage and the reputation we have established. We know this area like the back of our hand and pride ourselves on the quality of our work.
- All of our tree crown reduction work is fully insured as you would expect.
- We guarantee the best prices and the best lead times to get the job done properly.
- Members of the leading trade associations for our industry.
- We adhere to very strict codes of practice to ensure all work is to the highest standards.
- We are experts in tree preservation orders and will ensure all work is thoroughly compliant with local regulations.
- All tree work is BS3998 and BS5837BS111 compliant and all our operators are NPTC registered.
- So you are guaranteed a great result every time. Just look at some of the testimonials below from some of our many delighted clients.
Tree Crown Reduction in your area. Middlesex, Berkshire, South Buckinghamshire and all across London.
“Just wanted to say thanks very much for your services in removing a tree in a particularly awkward area, taking into account traffic, pedestrians and nearby structures. Having a company that communicates well and responds promptly has been very much appreciated”. Best Regards Jeff Martin.
“Yes, we are very happy with your work. Your team were friendly cheerful and did an excellent job thank you. If you want to use us as a reference please do so. I have just settled your invoice on the internet, a job well done deserves prompt payment”. Kind Regards Anthony
“Great response to my call for help and will keep you in mind for work below in the future. Please thank the lads for all their hard work”. Regards Keith, Wensley Group.
We cover all of Middlesex, South Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Berkshire and London. Over the past 60 years, there are very few towns and villages that we have not worked in. You will have seen us inc Watford, Uxbridge, Rickmansworth, Amersham, Gerrards Cross, Beaconsfield, Pinner, Harrow, Chesham, Edgware, Chorleywood, Wembley, Acton, Northolt, Ealing and all surrounding towns and villages.